Lots of staff are becoming familiar with Turnitin as a plagiarism detection service and tool to support online submission of coursework, but fewer people are familiar with the additional ‘Grademark’ tools that are available for marking and providing feedback for those submissions online.
I’ve put together a series of short screencasts demonstrating various process, such as creating a Turnitin Assignment and using some of the Grademark features. I’ve also created some short clips to support students in submitting their work, and accessing both originality and grademark reports. The videos are hosted on the University Streaming Server and you can use the link or embed code to put the videos in VITAL.
If you want to talk about implementing these tools in your teaching, feel free to give me (or your local TEL academic) a shout. I’ll also update this post with recordings in the future!
- Staff guide to creating a Turnitin Assignment (excluding rubrics) – https://stream.liv.ac.uk/9ua7cbf6
- Staff introduction to Grademark Tools – https://stream.liv.ac.uk/94ja5zvh
- Staff introduction to marking with Qualitative rubrics in Grademark – https://stream.liv.ac.uk/v2h644gq
- Staff introduction to marking with Quickmarks and Qualitative rubrics in Grademark – https://stream.liv.ac.uk/mmcu77dq
- Student guide to uploading work to Turnitin – https://stream.liv.ac.uk/9ngetd9n
- Student guide to uploading work to Turnitin (inc. previewing an associated rubric) – https://stream.liv.ac.uk/jkxgxqn5
- Student guide to accessing an originality report (but not interpreting it) – https://stream.liv.ac.uk/qhkp5d29
- Student guide to accessing grades and feedback in Grademark – https://stream.liv.ac.uk/2nmjekf2