Well it’s that time of year when things start to quieten down and the focus begins to turn to the next academic session. For me, this means considering what types of support we offer to academic staff to suitable equip them to use technology efficiently and effectively. Ideally a staff development programme would be of interest to colleagues new and experienced with technology enhanced learning, as well as be flexible enough to cater for a geographically dispersed workforce with different demands on their time.
Some of the things we’re considering offering from September include:
- 60 minute makeovers – essentially the basics of VITAL to meet University minimum standards, good practice, etc.
- Mobile App Swap Breakfasts – sessions for staff/students to share mobile apps/workflows they find useful in everyday learning/teaching/research/scholarship.
- Online quizzes – using VITAL to develop online quizzes.
- Online submission, marking and feedback – using VITAL and/or Turnitin/Grademark inc. using rubrics for marking.
- Assessment analytics – how you can use Turnitin/Grademark to analyse the performance of students (and staff) in written assignments at various levels of granularity.
- 10 Days of Twitter – learn how to use Twitter by engaging in online activities for 15 minutes a day for 10 days.
More importantly however, this is your opportunity to get your requests in for aspects of TEL that you are interested in learning more about.
Feed back via the comments or email me at email@example.com